Breakfast Oatmeal !!!
Let me start off saying that oatmeal is my FAVORITE breakfast food, especially when I get to add 20 million things to it. It’s SO FUN!
I love trying new flavors and since I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a bunch of delicious things, I decided to get a little more creative this morning/ feel slightly more fancy 🙂
Five Minute Fancy Blueberry Vanilla Nut Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats*
- 1 whole egg – scrambled
- Approximately 1/2 cup of water or milk
- A nice drop of vanilla extract or imitation
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp of brown sugar – depends on how sweet you like it
- Enough blueberries (I used frozen) and sliced up banana to make you happy
- Sprinkle of walnuts, pecans, peanuts, etc
- Peanut butter – because I add it to most oatmeals
* I use old-fashioned rolled oats vs instant because I like that they retain their texture better after cooking.
Crack egg into microwave-safe bowl and scramble in with water and vanilla extract until well scrambled. Add brown sugar, blueberries, and oatmeal to bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes, pausing every one minute to stir so that your egg does not clump :). Take out of microwave and add a touch of milk if desired. Add sliced up banana and nuts.
I also add a nice big scoop of peanut butter…. well because peanut butter is life
See, don’t you feel fancy?